Miss Vanessa’s Spinach Stuffed Peppers
MAKES 6 SERVINGS
3 bell peppers, roasted and cut in half
3 cups spinach, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ onion, chopped
2 cups rice, cooked
1 cup cheese, grated
¼ cup breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
herbs and spices to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large saute pan cook onions and garlic in olive oil until soft and translucent.
- Add spinach, salt and pepper and cook an additional 1 minute.
- Stir in cooked rice and ½ the cheese and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle insides of roasted pepper with salt and pepper and fill halves with rice mixture.
- Place peppers, filled sides facing up in a baking dish, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and remaining cheese. Add ¼ cup of water to dish.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes, remove cover and bake additional 10 minutes til tops are browned