Bianca’s Beet Brownies
MAKES 12 SERVINGS
1 cup pureed beets (2 medium cooked)
2 tbsp. buttermilk
½ cup mild flavored olive oil
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup flour
⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ tsp. baking powder
½ cup chocolate chips
½ teaspoon salt
2 tbsp.strong black coffee (optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 8X8” pan or muffin tins (muffin tins will allow for shorter bake time)
- Combine olive oil and sugar.
- Add eggs, vanilla, beets and coffee, if using.
- In a separate bowl whisk flour (use whole wheat for a whole grain health boost) baking powder and salt.
- Fold in beet mixture and chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 min (20 for muffin tins) or until toothpick in center comes out clean.