Cauliflower Fried Rice
This recipe uses “riced” cauliflower instead of rice and has the same delicious taste.
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
2 eggs, whisked
2 carrots, peeled and diced
½ onion, diced
½ cup green peas
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups cauliflower, “riced” in a food processor or finely chopped
¼ cup green onions, thinly sliced
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
4 Tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- Either finely chop the cauliflower, grate on the large-holed side of a box grater or pulse in a food processor until it resembles the size of rice grains. (Riced cauliflower can be found in the fresh and frozen sections of some grocery stores.)
- Heat 1 T of olive oil in saute pan, add eggs and scramble, remove from pan and set aside.
Alternatively – once all ingredients are combined in pan, create a well in the middle of the pan and add raw egg, scrambling in the center of the well until cooked, then mix in.
- In the same pan, add remaining olive oil, onion and salt and cook 1-2 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add carrots and cook 2-3 minutes until soft. Add garlic, ginger, peas and cauliflower, stir to combine and let cook additional 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in green onions, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, cilantro and scrambled eggs until combined. Remove from pan and enjoy!