Vegetarian Banh-Mi Sandwich
MAKES 1 LARGE SANDWICH, 4-6 SERVINGS
2 cucumbers, peeled into ribbons
3 carrots, peeled into ribbons
1 bunch mint, leaves torn from stems
1 bunch cilantro, leaves torn from stems
1 bunch basil, leaves torn from stems
1 avocado, pitted and mashed
2 limes, zested and squeezed for juice
1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Zest the limes into a mixing bowl. Cut limes into half and squeeze the juice into bowl.
- Add rice wine vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon of salt, mix well.
- Add olive oil while whisking continuously. Set aside.
(Alternatively, all dressing ingredients can be combined into a jar and shaken until emulsified).
- Slice baguette in half lengthwise.
- Mash avocado with 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a small bowl. Set aside
- In another bowl combine cucumbers and carrots that have been peeled into “ribbons,” avoiding cucumber seeds.
- Add dressing to carrots and cucumbers and toss well.
- Add basil, mint, and cilantro that has been picked from its stems to carrots and cucumbers and gently combine
- On the bottom half of the baguette, spread mashed avocado. Layer with carrot, cucumber and herb mix.
- Pour any leftover dressing onto vegetables and place cover with top-half of baguette
- Slice and enjoy!